While many people get out and about to have fun, there are times when it’s good to have fun things to do at home with family.
It really doesn’t have to be complicated to spend time together with kids. Kids are simple; adults are the ones who tend to complicate things! So we’ve compiled a fun list of ideas for days spent together at home. The activities will be fun for all, but some may work better depending on age.
Our Simple List of Fun Things to Do at Home with Family
- Take a nature walk and look for flowers, pretty leaves, interesting insects, etc!
- Start a nature study tray from items gathered from your walk.
- Build a teepee out of a big blanket or sheets, and a broom.
- Play a game. Sequence, Rummikub, Shoots and Ladders, Bananagrams are fun!
- Do a puzzle.
- Pop popcorn in a pot, preferably with a glass lid so you can watch!
- Lay out and watch the stars. See how many shooting stars you can find.
- Find a new book to read. Start with Twenty-One Balloons, The Saturdays, Lentil, or Homer Price. Older kids will enjoy Around the World in 80 Days!
- Pick out an old Disney movie to watch (Try The Apple Dumpling Gang if you haven’t seen it before!)
- Paint or draw a picture.
- Bake cookies- Try these fun Homemade Animal Crackers
- Enjoy a tea party!
- Cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with large cookies cutters for a fun lunch.
- Take a picnic right outside your back door!
- Plant something! Flowers, tomatoes, strawberries, etc.
- Have a telescope? Take it out on a clear night and look at the moon!
- Throw a sheet or blanket over a table or 3 or 4 chairs for an instant cozy cave to read or play in.
- Learn a new card game. With just a plain deck of cards, you can have hours of fun! We like to play Rummy and Golf.
- Here are a few cute game ideas from What We Do All Day Blog.