Our family has made Pecan Fingers since I was a little girl. Every year at Christmas my mother would make big batches to enjoy during the holidays and to give away to friends and neighbors. After all these years, they’re still our favorite!
Not too sweet and deliciously delicate
One of the best things about these cookies is that they’re not too sweet! The dough itself is lightly sweetened. Once the cookie comes out of the oven it’s rolled in powdered sugar to create a beautiful and perfectly sweetened treat.
The texture of Pecan Fingers is so delicate, it’s hard to eat just one. They’re so tender you have to be careful taking them out of the container as they’re easily crushed. But goodness, they are so worth it! I promise you’ll just love these cookies!
Pecan Finger Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups ground pecans
- powdered sugar for rollilng cookies in
- Cream butter; add sugar, vanilla and water. Beat well.
- Add flour and pecans.Chill for 1 hour
- Shape dough into small finger like rolls.
- Bake for 1 hour at 250°
- While the cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.