Simply Wonderful Molasses Spice Cookies2 min read
Each year, as fall comes around, I start thinking about all of my favorite autumn recipes: gingerbread, pumpkin pie, ginger snaps, cardamom creme brûlée…but these cookies are at the top of the list. Being full of spice and rich molasses, and super easy to make, these cookies are the perfect fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas fix! I love to enjoy them with Coconut Tea and a slice of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese.
TIPS FOR AMAZING MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
- Don’t overbake!
- Add 2 tablespoons extra molasses if you’d like the cookies to spread a bit more. –>>The pictured cookies were made with the extra molasses, so they spread nicely. Oh, be sure and double the recipe, because these lil’ cookies disappear fast! Dough can be made ahead, and frozen, ready to bake.
- We’ve added a bit extra spice, but you can adjust more or less to your taste.
Simply Wonderful Molasses Spice Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose or sprouted flour
- 1 tsp salt Himalayan or sea
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup sugar for rolling cookies in
- Cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in egg and molasses, mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours until firm, this will help the cookies hold a lovely shape, but it not necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Form cookie dough into balls, then roll in the white sugar. Arrange cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Like spices? For more spiced goodness, try our recipe for https://trulyblissfulliving.com/how-to-make-the-best-chai-ever-indian-masala-chai/